Thursday, February 2, 2012

Honoring My Body

Since I've began dressing in a feminine, modest manner, it has given me a new way of looking at clothing. I've seen way too many immodest fashions accepted by Christians and pulled into the church. But I'm not going to go into another long diatribe about how some girls and women alike dress like prostitutes in church, instead I'm going to reflect on my personal decisions.

Ok, here we go. Imagine for a moment a teenage girl clad in knee-length ( cloth ) leggings, shorts, and a t-shirt ( a short-sleeve one, perhaps the front low enough to reveal the collarbone and some of the chest. ). Now, if you're a male, how would you treat her?

Now, imagine a girl in a knee-length skirt, a short-sleeve shirt, but one that covers a lot of chest and the collarbone,and a head covering.

How would you treat her?

Which for me is respecting my body? Evidently the latter. For me, donning leggings with shorts don't make the shorts more modest, because the leggings still show the figure of my legs, whereas a regular skirt does not.

These are my personal modesty standards for the public eye and how I respect my body.

May Yahweh bless you and shower his blessings upon you.

Any questions or personal comments you'd like me to hear? Either comment on this post or email me at modestygeek@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)