Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Don't Dress Immodestly for the Heat

When I was walking around at the festival, I noticed something.

It wasn't deathly hot, as far as I was told it was about 75 or 80ishF.

When it's hot, what do you do? Usually if you wear jeans, some of you would wear shorts. Some of you would probably wear different lengths of shorts, but let me get back to the point.

Others wore skirts. I'm not talking about miniskirts ( though I did see a really really short miniskirt ), I am talking about skirts. Long skirts.

I am not instructing you to bundle up in the heat or wear what maybe uncomfortable to you, no. I want to know why when it gets hot outside, some people seem to strip down and wear little things??

Ugh, that doesn't sound right. I have worn a long skirt, shirt, and a head covering in the heat before, and I wasn't ( if at all ) uncomfortable.

I know some females aren't skirt and head coverers, but....do y'all see what I'm saying?

Here's the best day I can figure out to say it: Just because it's hot outside doesn't mean you have to dress immodestly. Wear shorts or skirts if you want, but please wear one that is an appropiate length.

*Disclaimer: I am a teenager and I don't have the tact of an adult. I am doing the best I can to have tact and I apologize if I haven't worded any of my posts right, and offended any of my readers. :)

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)