Friday, December 9, 2011

The Head Covering-Some Other Random Post

What I fail to understand sometimes is people's ignorance about the head covering, but then I realize that I was once ignorant myself, so I try and not judge those who do not know much about the head covering.

I am part of a head covering group on Yahoo!. I highly suggest that women, teens, and girls alike who are new to the head covering, even those that have been covering for a while, to join a head covering group. Many offer great moral support. ( The group that I'm a part of is definitely a blessing. )

I do have a question though: What is the reason for women in many churches to abandon the head covering? ( In the 1900 years it was mostly a hat. )

Please comment, but be civil. :)

Yahweh bless!

2 comments:

  1. When women started wearing hats instead of veil type coverings, which was not wrong in itself, soon, the true meaning of the covering was lost. When was it lost? When hats went out of fashion with women in the church it was assumed to be just that a fashion. Teaching about the significance of the headcovering and women is no longer taught in most places because it is politically incorrect. There is need for a revival in the churches on this matter (1st Corinthians 11:2-16).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I came across your blog as I was searching for dress & headcovering styles of the 1930's. :) I thought your blog name was intriguing and so as i read more of your posts I've been blessed with seeing your journey of faith in learning about the headcovering. I am an Amish-Mennonite girl who has been brought up with the headcovering doctrine. beachyam.org is a place where you could find out more about the group that I with. I would love to have some conversation with you sometime. I am not at all saying you have to dress like us, but I would love to be of help if I can be. God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)