Monday, December 12, 2011

Wearing a Head Covering Full Time or Just in Church?

I have often debated ( within myself ) whether the head covering is just suppposed to be worn in a church setting or all the time.

My perspective? I think Paul ( in the Bible )was commanding us females to wear the head covering in the church, but since you are praying in church, and you pray when you're not in church, doesn't that mean we should wear a head covering at any time during prayer, whether in the church or in public?

I'm not going to go into the topic of married women wearing a head covering to save the glory of their hair for their husbands in this post, but no matter the style or length of covering, I'm convicted to wear a head covering when I'm praying. And it gets awkward to pop a head covering on every time you want to pray.

But I'm a dancer, and we wear our hair in a ponytail, not a bun. I'm not sure if I could ask my teacher if I could wear my hair in a bun while I'm performing so I could put a bun cover on and still be observing the head covering.

Just a dilemna within myself and something I wanted to share.

Yahweh bless!

PS How's your week going?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I too ask myself this same question about wearing a covering full time or solely for prayer in and out of church. I'm Christian and I/we(females) wear a veil while we're in church. Lately, I've questioned myself about wearing a full time head covering...vs.' searching for my veil in my purse when I feel urge to say a prayer during my commute. In my heart I feel as though I should have my head covered in reverence to G*d.
    I want to maintain my head coverered and continue dressing modestly... I just don't know how to begin the full time head covering. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)