Thursday, December 29, 2011

An Important Lesson-Don't Force Your Beliefs On Others

Throughout my journey with the head covering, I have learned that trying to force your ways on others will not make them want to follow what you're following ( or in this case, wear what you wear ).

When I first began wearing a head covering and dressing modestly, I was incredibly naive. I tried getting my sister to wear more modest clothing, and even discussed the 1 Corinthians verses with her ( not that there's anything wrong with that ) but I realized that 1. I have my own beliefs. 2. If I expect people to respect my beliefs, I have to respect theirs. 3. Not everyone will agree with you! Luckily Mom has been nice enough to " agree to disagree ".

I don't know if some of my readers know this, but when I first started wearing a head covering, it was out of modesty. I don't think at the time I was even aware of the 1 Corinthians verses talking about the head covering! Overtime though I learned about these verses, researched about them, and in the end I agreed with them. ( Though, not everyone will. )

An important lesson? Don't try and force your beliefs on others. It will not make them want to learn about what you believe or wear what you wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)