Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Muslim Head Coverings-Bans and All

Before I start rambling on here I want to get one thing straight: I respect Muslim women in their choice to wear any form of head covering, hijab or niqab, even if I don't agree with it. I don't hate Muslims, for Yahweh tells us to love everyone. Now, onto my post.

Some of you are probably aware of the Muslim face veil ban in Canada. ( Here's the first woman to be jailed for wearing one: Woman Jailed for Wearing Islamic Veil ) I haven't formed my entire opinion of it yet, but here's what I am currently thinking: Toy masks are used for robberys, why not ban them? People talk about the niqab and burka " When it was introduced, he said the ban was aimed at stopping criminals – from terrorists to shoplifters – disguising their faces from security staff and CCTV. ". I know that they can be used in robberies, or used by terrorists, but something's missing here, and I'm not sure I know what. I'll figure that out later...

Also, I believe people have been given a misrepresentation as to why the Muslim veils are put on. I know some Muslim women are undoubtedly forced into wearing one, but aren't some Christian women also? I find it strange that when I type in " head covering " on the Google search engine under News, all I find them talking about is the Muslim head coverings and face veils. Why not the Christian ones? Why aren't stories about Christian girls in schools not being allowed to wear a head covering being put on there? In my personal, biased opinion I think the world focuses entirely too much on the Muslim head and face coverings.

Just my two cents. Comments? ( Muslim women please come forward too and comment if you wish )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)