Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm a Hypocrite

I have been looking around on the internet for other head covering blogs, and I must admit, I have found a few interesting ones. But it caused me to think more about my current situation:

As most of you probably know by now, I'm a dancer. I've been dancing since I was....maybe 7, and this is my.....3rd or 4th year of competiting. The problem??

Immodesty.

We keep our hair up in ponytails most of the time when we dance because our teachers don't want our hair to...well..." blind " us, you could say, while we're dancing. But the costumes aren't appropiate in my mind if I continue to wear head coverings and modest dress.

So what am I going to do?

I really hope that I'll have the strength to " quit " dance ( not take it again ) after it ends in May or June. But there's a Disney trip coming up next term and I REALLY want to go. ( We've performed there once. )

Right now, I really feel like the Devil is working against me here, tempting me to continue dance. But I feel like a hypocrite dancing in immodest costumes but still wearing a head covering and modest dress in daily life.

3 comments:

  1. Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

    I believe it is God's grace that is trying to show you what is in your life that is not pleasing to him. I would love to talk to you more about this via email if you are interested?

    joannesmith6819 at gmail.com

    Lord bless you. Love, js in MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry I didn't see this comment earlier, Ms. Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANCE isn't about sexuality, Kelley - part of the purpose of the leotard is to mask individuality, and when you dance, people perceive you as an asexual, idealized human *form*, rather than as an individual woman to be desired/lusted after.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)