Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Thoughts on Muslim Head Coverings

I wanted to convey to my readers ( where ever on God's green  Earth you may be ) my thoughts about wearing a head scarf but looking like a Muslim.

First, I have nothing against Muslims. I do not hate them.

Looking like a Muslim isn't necessarily a " bad " thing, but I think for those of us who cover for religious reasons, we convey a certain image to the world. You can ( most of the time ) see someone with a kapp ( an Amish/Mennonite head covering ) and know she is most likely Amish or Mennonite. Just like when you look at a burka clad woman, she's most likely Muslim ( though I have seen some Christian women don a burka or a face veil ). Here are my reasons I don't want to look like a Muslim.

First, when I don a head covering, when people look at me I want them to know what " religion " I follow ( It's a relationship with Christ not a religion. ). I don't want them being confused.

Please don't think I'm judging you if you're a Christian woman and wear a face veil, these are just my personal feelings about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)