Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Georgia Heat and Modest Clothes

It's hot here in Georgia. A few days ago it was 106! :O Anyway, how many of you head coverers and niqabis are staying inside because of the heat? I've been out a little, but it's just so hot! (Also, I've haven't gone outside to scrub the pool for this reason.) Only one of our vehicles has A/C. The SUV's A/C has been out for a couple of years (yeah, you can tell we live on a really tight budget :/). Even in the house, it's a bit hot. Yet I'm wearing a light scarf, denim jumper, a black shirt, and cloth leggings.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in NC, not Georgia, but we've had a few days around 105 this week, too. What's working best for me is a very light kerchief (a thin cotton triangle tied kerchief style) and layered light cotton - long maxi dresses with a light top over them since most don't have much coverage in the tops.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts! Please be respectful of other members/commenters. Uncivil comments or comments with inappropiate language in them will be deleted. Thanks, and Yahweh bless! :)